Good Advice for Startups
Some really good tips and suggestions here from DropBox's CEO related to startups. Many apply be it an education startup or a tech startup. Few favorites:
- Challenge with scaling orgs is that things that use to work start failing quietly.
- Our most valueable asset: People's trust. Years to build, seconds to lose if data is ever lost. (Whiteboard note: see Netflix and Blackberry for recent examples).
- Remember, A/B tests won't get you an iPhone.
- Build the right things and build things right. No good to run fast in the wrong direction.
- Usability, speed, and reliability requires relentless, continuous improvement.